Friday, July 30, 2010

Two Weeks

Until I move back to Wilmington and begin my sophomore year of college.

Even though things aren't exactly as I thought they would be at this point in my life the good far outshadows the bad. Also, the bad is what made me make the changes that have produced the good.

I joined the UNC Wilmington Class of 2014 group on Facebook to offer my "knowledge" to the incoming freshman because, I mean, I was in the exact same position as them a year ago. I always wish I had someone to ask questions to. I see all the things they are writing on the wall and in discussions and most of them are extremely excited (rightly so) but they have no idea what they are actually getting into.  You learn and change so much as a person during even just the first year of college and of being away from home. They will have some of the best experiences of their lives and make friends that they will have for a long time to come.

They are all very excited to go to college but I think that returning students' anticipation is even greater simply because we know what we have been missing this entire summer.

On a different note, about a week ago I lost something that has been in my life for a while now. It's weird that Gossip Girl helped me think through all the stuff that went on but this quote says it all:

Blair: You blew off our most beloved tradition.
Serena: Just get over it, Blair.
Blair: Excuse me?
Serena: My whole life I have been bending over backwards to protect your feelings. And you what? It's not my fault you're so insecure.
Blair: And I'm sure it's not your fault you're so conceited.
Serena: I'm just tired of trying to hold myself back so I don't outshine you.
Blair: Oh my god. Can you hear the words that are coming out of your mouth?
Serena: It's just the truth. From now on, I'm going to be who I am. And if you can support that and not be threatened and competitive, then great. If not...

In this situation, I am Serena.

I love my life right now.

Things couldn't be going any better . . .

. . .  especially now that I have re-evaluated my relationships with everyone I surround myself with . . . gone to the dentist and had no cavities . . . and have gotten my first lady doctor visit out of the way . . .

. . . I know that in two weeks I will finally be back with my school family and in my favorite place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment