Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Just Don't Understand

how some people behave the way they do.

Immature.

Close-minded.

Unable to move on.

I just don't understand how people can think it's alright to take "sides" when they only know half a story (and the half they DO know is coming from someone who is renowned for emotional tugging)

I realize that I'm still just in college and only a year out of high school but every time I think I am finally getting away from that childish, silly behavior . . . once again, it hits me like a ton of bricks.

I see and hear it happening around me constantly. I have it happening to me.

Is this what human nature has come to?

Is it an inevitable future that we will always regress back to the days of gossip, slander, scheming, "sides," and the "mean girl" mentality?

It is becoming a bad thing for someone to stand up for themselves and for what they believe, even if it is different from everyone else.

People are shunned and looked upon with a sneer as if they have no right to voice their own opinion.

Is our species becoming so insecure that people aren't able to handle it when someone who may not be as intelligent, or beautiful, or tall, or rich as they are speaks out against them?

What gives some people the idea that they are so much better than everyone else and that the mousy wallflower has no right to speak at all?

I feel bad for people like that. One day they will realize that beauty and money can only get you so far and it's the mousy wallflower who finally decided to break out of her shell that will have the most success, be the happiest, and have the most fulfilling life possible.

I understand now . . . but will they ever learn?

3 comments:

  1. Very well said...I think that in the end, with age, maturity and experience all things will even out.
    Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to the last question, yes. I've learned, but I can't seem to move on. I wish we could at least still be somewhat friends. I miss you, Keslie, and whether Janell and Lindsay do I have no idea. All I know is that you held a special place in my heart and that it will always be open for you to come back in. I understand now how dumb we all were, and even though it was only a few months ago, it feels like forever. I should have been there for you when you needed me, instead of becoming deeper inside myself everyday. Being there for you probably would have saved us all. I hope you're doing all right.

    I miss you.
    I love you.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete