Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pyow! Pyow!

First things first: I am wearing sandals right now. I AM WEARING SHOES THAT DO NOT FULLY COVER MY FOOT AND GO HALF WAY UP MY LEG TO PROTECT ME FROM THE COLD! I HAVE A FEW PIECES OF LEATHER WRAPPED AROUND MY FEET AND THEY DON'T FEEL LIKE THEY NEED TO BE AMPUTATED FROM FROST BITE. I am sincerely excited about this if you couldn't tell by all the capitalization.

But, the real reason I feel so compelled to write is that we are watching When Harry Met Sally in my psychology of close relationships class.  This is the last class I have to take before I get my minor in psychology and can I just say that I have no clue if I should take this class seriously or if I should rather spend my time in this class blogging (as I am now.)

BUT ANYWAYS, one of the main issues in this movie is if men and women can ever be just friends or if there will always be some level of attraction between them or from one person. I think about my friendships I have with guys and personally, I can only ever see any of them as just my friends, but Jeren (mentioned in my last post . . . you know, the one declaring my love for him) says that things can always happen when alcohol is involved . . . and I think he was putting it nicely as to not change how I view more than half of the friendships I possess right now. NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!

I don't know if its the 6 to 7 cups of coffee I've had today talking or if my brain is truly confuddled . . . but I really think there can be a strictly platonic relationship between a two heterosexual people! Of course, I'm a girl and although I have had my fair share of insight into the male psyche I can't possibly know the unedited version . . . and I don't think I want to . . . really.

I don't really know what I'm saying anymore and I honestly can't stop shaking my leg or unwiden my eyes without making some sort of effort. But, as I listen to the girl behind me in class who only talks about her sorority and says "like" every other word (I call her Likedumb girl) text her boyfriend who she is apparently having problems with . . . this is what I'm thinking about:


Ain't it the truth, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment