It is my spring break from New Hanover County schools (because I'm basically a full-time teacher now) and I have been looking forward to this for weeks. It is getting to the point where it isn't that I don't like Wilmington . . . I'm just kinda ready to not live here anymore. The principal at the school I'm doing my student teaching at seems to really want me to stay and work there next year, but she knows I have my mind set on the Research Triangle area. I realized yesterday that if I stayed here in Wilmington after graduation I will still feel like I'm in college and I am really ready to just move on to something new . . . something different.
Different places.
Different people.
Different experiences.
I know I will be scared out of my mind to move to a whole new place where I know absolutely no one, but it is kind of exciting at the same time. And this time it won't be like coming to college because instead of moving out of my parents' house and into a dorm full of people in the exact same situation as me . . . I'll be moving out of my apartment with my one roommate to my own apartment where it is just me and my zoo. This means I will have to make more of an effort to build a whole new group of friends. My mom is worried about me having to do this . . . and to be honest, so am I. I am a nice person, but I've never been the best at making friends. It's really hard to do when you have debilitating social anxieties you are constantly fighting.
I guess the question that remains is . . . how hard am I willing to fight?
I guess we will find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment