Saturday, March 2, 2013

Just Go Take A Shower

So once again a few changes have happened in the past couple weeks. And even more are coming with  graduation quickly approaching.

A few weeks ago I started a brand, shiny new internship at an amazing elementary school.  I am in a resource room teaching 7 different groups consisting of 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade reading, 3rd grade math, and 1st grade math.  I like love it.  I start full-time teaching this coming week and I couldn't be happier.  I'm already in love with all my kids and I know we aren't supposed to have favorites . . . but I always do look forward to my three little first graders I have for math in the afternoons.

In other news, with the concept of graduation being here soon and having to make those tough decisions, my boyfriend and I broke up.  I am very, very sad about it and it was so hard to do, but we both knew we were not meant to spend the rest of our lives together and that in a couple months when we graduate everything would be over . . . so we just ended it now.  We both still really care about each other and seeing him for that last time was so emotional for both of us.  It almost seemed surreal . . . like something out of a movie.  Him laying his head in my lap crying.  Me stroking that thick, brown hair of his.  And finally, as he leaves he turns to me, backing out of the door, grabs both of my hands in his, and with tears in his eyes simply says "I'll miss you." He will forever hold a special place in my heart, that boy.  He was so frustrating and wonderful all at the same time.

I could not have asked for a better way to spend the past 9 1/2 months and could not have asked for a better way for the relationship to end.  I miss him, of course.  Not being able to talk to him about my day or look forward to seeing him . . . but I do have to say I am handing this whole thing surprisingly well.  I suppose this is one of the skills that comes with age . . . being able to handle a breakup without completely falling to pieces.  What a great skill to have, but man is it a bitch to develop.

My job hunt will begin soon and then once I find a job the stress of finding an affordable, safe place for me and my zoo to live will be upon me.  I will be moving from the city I have become an adult in to a new city where I don't know a soul and am going to start a new phase of my life.  Scary stuff if you ask me. I guess I just have to remember . . .


just go take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment